* Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
* Visit us on Thursday July 22nd at 10 am
* Click Apply now for the location address
With over 20 years of experience serving the shipyard and marine industry, Shipyard Staffing is your solution for quickly sourcing high-quality, experienced teams to get the job done right, on time, and on budget. Our large network of qualified professionals helps you scale up or down quickly with a flexible workforce you can count on showing up, without the risk of increasing your overhead.
Our team is committed to building lasting relationships with companies large and small. We’re proud to be trusted by some of the best in the industry, including General Dynamics, BAE, Huntington Ingalls Industries, and many more.
Shipyard Staffing is also committed to our Veterans. We recognize the valuable skills Veterans bring to organizations and are dedicated to their success. Whether you’re transitioning to civilian life or you’ve been in the workforce for years, we’re here to help you through comprehensive training programs and a supportive recruiting team.
With offices in Norfolk, Newport News, San Diego, and Mayport, FL, you can always be confident when our highly skilled professionals say, “consider it done!”
Must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to assemble, modify, lay out, fabricate, repair and install plates, shapes and/or pipe to be used to form a part of a structural assembly in connection with ship alteration and repair.
Must be U.S. Citizen
Must be 18 years of age or older
* Manufactures and installs interior and exterior structural items.
* Repairs and/or removes and replaces damaged ship structures and fittings.
* Understands and utilizes appropriate trade methods to create structural weldments and fittings.
* Manufactures and installs parts and assemblies from templates.
* Prepares surfaces for welding, burning, riveting and lays out for holes to be drilled utilizing miscellaneous hand, electric, and pneumatic tools. Measures with various precision instruments as required.
* Coordinates and arranges for the work of several trades in connection with performing work from information received from technical work documents, blueprints, specifications, written and/or oral instructions.